Here in Texas, driving lessons for teens are required by the DPS and have a set of rules that must be followed before getting a licence.
Students between 15 and 18 years old must:
- Pass a 32-hour drivers education course.
- Earn a learner license/instruction permit by passing a written test.
- Complete 7 hours of in-car drivers training and 7 hours of driving observation with a licensed driving instructor.
- Must to a total of 30 hours of driving supervised by a licensed driver, including 10 hours at night.
- Complete the Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) course offered by the Texas DPS, required as of September 1, 2015.
- Pass the in-car driving test at the DPS.
Here at Action Drivers Ed. we will not only help you complete these tasks but will do it in a fun engaging way so that you can learn how to safely and effectively be a great driver.